Tuesday 6 November 2007

My handicraft history(1)

Female members of my family have always been creative and involved in craft work. My grandmother made many handicraft items and my mother and sister too are very involved. My grandmother taught me from when I was very young. I am fortunate to have some of the lace items made by her. The first photograph is of a lace item created when I was 10 yers old and the second photo is of work created when I was 13. Unfortunately I do not have photos of the very many items I went on to make, but I remember there was a pink and white poncho and a yellow shawl. About seventeen years ago I started making quilted bedspreads, curtains,toys,lace,macrame,woven wall hangings,pictures,etc. I went on to having my own business,concentrating on patchwork quilts and bedspreads. In Estonia where I was born and brought up,these items were very popular with the many tourists who visited Tallinn and sold well on the Mediaeval markets. Two years ago I met my boyfriend Phil when he was visiting Tallinn and moved to England to live whit himlast year.




No comments: